Proletarians of all countries, unite!
DRAFT PROGRAMME OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF PERU
Abimael «Gonzalo» Guzmán
|Red Flag Publications|
The Red Flag
|This document was drafted by Comrade Gonzalo for the 1st Session of the 1st Congress of the Communist Party of Peru, which took place in January-February, 1988. The Draft Programme was adopted unanimously by the Congress. Together with the documents «On Marxism-Leninism-Maoism» and «Concerning Gonzalo Thought», this document constitutes the Fundamental Documents of the Communist Party of Peru, and together with «Bases of Discussion for the General Political Line of the Communist Party of Peru», it constitutes the basis of Party unity of the Communist Party of Peru.|
DRAFT PROGRAMME OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF PERU
The Communist Party of Peru is based on and guided by marxism-leninism-maoism, mainly maoism and, specifically, by Gonzalo thought as a creative application of the universal truth to the concrete conditions of the Peruvian revolution, made by Chairman Gonzalo, leader of our Party.
The Communist Party of Peru, organized vanguard of the Peruvian proletariat that is an integral part of the international proletariat, especially upholds the following basic principles:
- Contradiction as the only fundamental law of the incessant transformation of eternal matter.
- The masses make history and «It‘s right to rebel!».
- Class struggle, dictatorship of the proletariat and proletarian internationalism.
- The necessity of a marxist-leninist-maoist Communist Party that firmly applies independence, autonomy and self-reliance.
- To combat imperialism, revisionism, and reaction unbreakably and inseperably.
- To conquer and to defend power with people‘s war.
- Militarization of the Party and the concentric construction of the three instruments of the revolution.
- Two-line struggle as the driving force of Party development.
- Constant ideological transformation and to always put politics in command.
- To serve the people and the proletarian world revolution.
- Absolute unselfishness and a just and correct style of work.
The Communist Party of Peru has communism as its final goal; given that the current Peruvian society is oppressed and exploited by imperialism, bureaucratic capitalism, and semi-feudalism, the revolution has first a democratic stage, then a second socialist one in order to later develop successive cultural revolutions. Presently with the people‘s war the Party develops the democratic revolution, having as its immediate goal to conquer power countrywide. Because of this we raise the following objectives:
2. GENERAL PROGRAMME OF THE DEMOCRATIC REVOLUTION
1. Demolition of the Peruvian State, the dictatorship of the exploiters led by the big bourgeoisie, and of the armed forces and forces of repression that sustain it and of all its bureaucratic apparatus.
2. To sweep away imperialist oppression, mainly U.S., and that of Soviet social-imperialism and of any power or imperialist country. In general to confiscate their monopolies, companies, banks and all forms of their property including the external debt.
3. To destroy bureaucratic capitalism, individual as well as State-owned; to confiscate all their properties, goods and economic rights to benefit the new State, similarly with those belonging to imperialism.
4. Liquidation of semi-feudal property and everything subsisting on it, confiscating it to hand over land to the peasantry, principally the poor peasantry, applying the principle of «land to the tiller».
5. Respect the property and rights of the national bourgeoisie, or middle bourgeoisie, in the countryside as well as in the city.
6. Fight for the establishment of the People‘s Republic of Peru, as a united front of classes based on the worker-peasant alliance led by the proletariat headed by its Communist Party; as formation of the new democracy that carries forward a new economy, a new politics, and a new culture.
7. Develop the people‘s war that, through a revolutionary army of a new type under the absolute control of the Party, destroys the old power a piece at a time, mainly their armed forces and other repressive forces. This serves to build the new power for the proletariat and the people.
8. To complete the formation of the Peruvian nation, truly unifying the country to defend it from all reactionary and imperialist aggression, safeguarding the rights of the minorities.
9. To serve the development of the Peruvian proletariat as part of the international working class, and the formation and strengthening of real Communist Parties and their unification in a revived international communist movement guided by marxism-leninism-maoism; all of this so that the proletariat can fulfil its great historical mission as the final class.
10. To defend the freedoms, rights, benefits, and conquests that the working class and the masses have achieved at the cost of their own blood, recognizing them and guaranteeing their authentic enforcement in a «Declaration of the Rights of the People». To respect, particularly, the freedom of religious conscience, but in its widest sense, of believing as not to believe. Also to combat all arrangements harmful to the people‘s interests, especially any form of unpaid work or personal burden and the backbreaking taxes imposed on the masses.
11. Real equality for women; a better future for the youth; protection for the mothers and the children; respect and support for the elderly.
12. A new culture as a combat weapon to solidify the nation, that serves the masses of people and is guided by the scientific ideology of the proletariat. Give special importance to education.
13. Support the struggles of the international proletariat, of the oppressed nations, and of the peoples of the world; fighting against the superpowers, the United States and Soviet Union, imperialism in general, and international reaction and revisionism of all types, conceiving the Peruvian revolution as part of the proletarian world revolution.
14. To struggle tenaciously and heroically for the total and complete victory and of the democratic revolution countrywide and after completing this stage, at once, without any pause, to cross over to the socialist revolution so that, together with the international proletariat, the oppressed nations and the peoples of the world, through cultural revolutions, shall continue the march of humanity towards its final goal, communism.
But considering that the democratic revolution in the country crosses a period characterized by:
1. A deepening of the general crisis of Peruvian society, mainly of bureaucratic capitalism.
2. A greater reactionarization of the State, today with a fascist and corporativist APRA government, headed by the genocidal García Pérez.
3. The sharpening of the class struggle, with the masses assuming more and more the need to fight and resist.
4. The people‘s war developing vigorously and growing.
5. The people‘s need for a People‘s Republic built according to the principles of new democracy.
We must apply a specific programme for this period, with the following specific objectives:
3. SPECIFIC PROGRAMMEi
i The Specific Programme of the Communist Party of Peru was not adopted at the 1st Congress in 1988-89, but rather decided upon at the plenary sessions of the Central Committee depending upon the different levels of development of the people‘s war. As the people‘s war entered the strategic defensive in 1990, the 2nd Plenary Session of the 1st Central Committee decided upon the following Specific Programme:
«Against hunger, unemployment and the crisis — For soil, wages and national production.
Against repression and genocide — For the people‘s rights and the people‘s war.
Against the old State and imperialism — For the People‘s Republic of Peru.»
ii The Rules of the Communist Party of Peru were not adopted at the 1st Congress in 1988-89, but rather imparted verbally, so as to not give the enemy the chance to learn about the inner workings of the Party.